I love writing, it’s my thing. There are always ideas buzzing around in my head. I just don’t get the time to type them. Or if I have the time (which is never) I find the words take a while to flow. Well this used to happen, then I decided to join in some writing challenges. I did the NaNoWrimo last november and completed a 50 000 word story (which I am still editing). I also recently did the Chapter Book Challenge (ChaBooCha), which was a lot of fun and I completed a 10 000 word sequel to Obi the Super Puppy and the Mystery of the Red Mist. It’s in the editing process too. I also completed two flash fiction stories for the upcoming anthology by a collection of ChaBooCha authors. Which is really exciting. I will post more about this later!
These challenges have taught me a few things! So as I have decided to blog about writing for a while I thought I’d share what I have learnt:
1. It is possible for me to write every day
2. It is possible to finish 50 000 words in a month – will need a lot of editing though.
3. It’s much easier to edit once a first draft is actually finished (well derrrrr!)
4. I still love writing
5. Writing gives me more ideas to write about.
6. there will never be enough time in a day, so used the time you have
7. I have lots of cool ideas that need to be written
8. Planning is important before doing a challenge
9. Planning for the year, with challenges in mind is important
10. sometimes it is good just to sit and write – never delete, just save, you never know where it will fit.
So I’ve been busy and I have so much more on my plate. Still it’s all fun. I have recently begun to amp up my interviewing and reviewing for my other blog – Stitch Says! (http://stitchsays.wordpress.com/) This is fun and a great way to improve myself as a writer. I have also been privileged enough to have some other authors do the same for my two published books – Ghostnapped and Obi the Super Puppy and the Mystery of the Red Mist. I am also awaiting the first printed copy of The Homework Goblin for my approval! So it’s all action here, lots to tell. I am actually looking forward to starting this new blogging theme. The dog’s were fun, but now it’s time to write! Until next time – have fun!